|The information below is valid for IMAP email only. It will not work for the Exchange email system. If you are not sure which email system you use, see: How do I tell if my email is on the Exchange email server or the IMAP email server?|
You may be unsubscribed from some of your email folders in Outlook. To check your email folder subscriptions, do the following:
- In Outlook, go to the View menu and make sure Navigation Pane is selected.
Result: You should see your list of email folders in the left navigation pane.
If you are not seeing all of your folders, you will need to check your email folder subscriptions:
- Select the Inbox of your IMAP account.
- Follow the menu path: Tools > IMAP folders.
Result: The IMAP Folders dialog box appears.
- Click Query with the Folder field blank to display all mail folders.
Result: The list of IMAP folders displays in the Folders field. Currently subscribed folders will have a folder icon to the left of the folder name.
- Highlight the folder you want to subscribe to by clicking it. To select multiple folders, hold down the CTRL key on the keyboard while clicking the folder names.
- Click Subscribe.
Result: A folder icon appears next to the folder name.
- Click OK.
Result: You should now see all your subscribed folders in the Folder List.