- Athena student computer clusters / labs
- Technology-enabled student learning spaces on campus
The answer to this depends on the type of problem you wish to report.
- Environmental Problems
For immediate environmental problems (lighting, heating, doors, windows, etc), please call MIT extension F-IXIT (x3-4948) to contact MIT Facilities
- Door Keypad Combo Problems
If the combination to an Athena cluster does not work, please:
- Make sure you are using the correct combination; you can find out the current combination by typing the command tellme combo at any Athena command prompt, for example on an Athena Quickstation
- If you are sure the combination is correct and it still doesn't work, please report it to email@example.com.
- If you need immediate assistance, please contact Facilities F-IXIT at 3-4948.
- Printer Problems
If a printer is broken, jammed, or needs toner, please contact Copytech (MIT's printing Contractor) by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org; their contact information, including phone number, is also posted on stickers on all the public printers
- Computer Hardware Problems
If there is a problem with the physical computer hardware, screens, or if a computer seems unresponsive, please contact the IS&T Service Desk at email@example.com
For all other issues of if you're not sure what the problem is, please contact the IS&T Service Desk and they'll help route your request to the right place.
|Contact:||IS&T Service Desk|
Whether calling or writing, be sure to include the name of the machine, the room number (if necessary), and a description of the problem. It helps if you can determine which specific machine is having problems, but if you can't do that, please report the problem anyway.