Note: While IS&T does not support third party software there are programs available to create bootable drives from Microsoft and others. One common program is Rufus which these instructions use.
- Download the appropriate ISO file to your hard drive.
- Download and launch Rufus.
- Insert your DVD or flash drive.
- Select your DVD or flash drive. You may need to click List USB Hard Drives on the Rufus setup screen.
- Click the icon to select the ISO file.
Use the following settings:
For BIOS based systems use MBR partition scheme and NTFS filesystem
For UEFI based systems use GPT partition scheme and FAT32 filesystem
Most modern computers support both BIOS (legacy mode) and UEFI mode but certain systems like the Microsoft Surfaces, only support UEFI mode.
- Click Start.