|This article refers to the Microsoft 365 Email and Calendaring. If you're looking for Exchange Email and Calendaring on the Exchange On Prem Server, see: MIT Email Setup Landing.
If you're not sure which system you're using, see: How do I tell if my email and calendaring data is on the Exchange On Prem Server or using Microsoft 365?
On this page:
50 Gigabytes for affiliates. 100 GB for faculty, students and staff.
- Login to Outlook on the web.
- Click the gear icon > Options > General > Storage.
- Within the Mailbox Usage section at the bottom-right hand side of the page (you may need to sccroll down), you will see the amount of space your mailbox is currently using and at which point will your account stop sending/receiving mail.
Note: These steps assume you are connected to your Microsoft 365 account via Exchange. By default, this feature is turned off, so you must turn it on to view quota information. Here's how:
- Start Outlook.
- Right-click anywhere on the bottom Outlook bar.
- Click on the first option Quota Information and you will see that it switches to the "On" mode.
- You can now see the amount of free space left and the number of items you have in each folder, in the bottom left-hand corner of the Outlook bar.
Note: These steps assume you are connected to your Microsoft 365 account via Exchange.
- Start Outlook.
- Right-click on your account name within your mail folder listing and select Folder > Properties from the sub-menu.
- From within "Folder Properties" screen, click on Storage.
- Depending on the number of objects (mail folders, calendar items, contacts, and tasks) you have in your account, it can take minutes for your quota usage information to be retrieved.