How do I change my display name that appears on http://remotehelp.mit.edu?
By default representatives have 2 display names:
- Private Display Name
Your name as displayed in all internal communications between representatives, on chat transcript reports, team activity reports, and so forth.
- Public Display Name
Your name as displayed to customers.
Note: By default, these two fields are in sync, so anything you type in the Private Display Name field is copied automatically to the Public Display Name field. To change your public display name, type in the name you want your customers to see. To put the fields back in sync, simply make them identical again.
To change the Display Name to the following:
- Log into the http://remotehelp.mit.edu/login with your kerberos username and password.
- Select the My Account tab.
- Scroll down to the last section called Change Your Display Names
- Update your display name.
- Click on the Change Display Names button the submit your changes.