Considerations from CrashPlan: "The amount of data that can be restored over the web through the administration console is limited. If your restore selection exceeds the total allowed, we recommend restoring from the CrashPlan app instead, if possible."
- Go to https://cpmgmt.mit.edu:4285/console/login.html and login with your Kerberos ID and password.
- Select Devices.
- Locate the computer containing the files you want to restore and click the restore icon
- (Optional) Select a calendar date to restore files as of a date other than the most recent date.
- (Optional) Select Display deleted files? to restore previously-deleted files.
- Select the files or folders you want to restore from the file tree.
- Click Restore.
- From the lower left of the window, select the link Click here to download to download the zip file containing your restored files.
- If you're using a public computer, be sure to Sign Out before leaving?.
To restore using desktop application:
- Crashplan's Restoring: Download Files from the Web
- Crashplan's Replace Your Device (includes new devices and recovered ones)