- Look up MIT colleagues from within Atlas and save favorite contact in address book. Find contact information, when available, such as: name, email, phone, address, department, title.
- You can search by part or all of a person's name, email address or phone number. (e.g.: 'william barton rogers', 'roge', 'wbrogers', '6172531000', '31000').
- If only 2 characters are entered in the search, the people search does not return results. Please enter a percent sign (%) following 2 characters to execute the search.
-For example, to search "Yu" enter "Yu%"
- You now have the option to add your photograph to your listing in the Atlas people search! This photograph will appear in the Atlas people search only and will not be used for any other purposes. Access to the Atlas people search is limited to MIT community members with valid MIT web certificates.
- By adding a contact to your address book, you can easily reference the contact's information in Atlas without having to repeat the search.
- Once you search for a contact, select the star next to the person's name to add the contact to your address book.
- Select the shaded star to remove a contact from your address book.
- Most of your directory information that displays in the People Search is maintained in the Atlas About Me Personal Information application in the Directory Name and Work Address and Contact Information sections.
- To update your People Search information directly from the People Search tab, select "Update Your Information" - it will navigate you to the Personal Information application so you can edit your Directory Name and Contact Information.
Note: At the top of the Personal Information page, your official name, as maintained in Human Resources, position title, and department display. Your Directory Name displays in the People Search. To change your position title or department, see your Department Administrator.
Updates made to your work address and phone will be reflected in the MIT Directory on the following day. Please see the Atlas About Me Personal Information help documentation for more information
Students can update their term address, home address, or office address information using WebSIS at email@example.com. Students cannot edit some directory information, including name, course, and MIT email address. If their name or course are incorrect, they can contact the Registrar's Office. If a student would like to receive mail at a different address, they can request to have their MIT email forwarded to another email address.
Students can also use WebSIS to request that their MIT Directory information be suppressed. For more information, see: http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/x/HYk7
- Offices & Services Directory: Can't find who you're looking for? Search MIT offices and services!
- MIT Mobile App: Get essential MIT information and services any time, anywhere on your mobile device.