On this page:
Go to the IS&T ChemDraw page and Register for a Perkin Elmer Account and login.
- You will receive an email with a confirmation link, that will have you create a password, then log you in.
Once you are logged into the PerkinElmer portal.
- Go to ChemOffice Professional link center of the page (under the Latest Version tab).
- Choose the appropriate items and download.
- This will download an installer.
- When you open the Installer you see an Akamai NetSession Interface.pkg, click on this.
- You need to click Continue and accept PerkinElmer's license terms until the software is downloaded.
- Open the downloaded software installer.
- Agree again to accept PerkinElmer's license terms.
- Drag the software to your Applications folder.
Run the downloaded software.
- A window opens. Fill in your Name, Organization, mit.edu email and the Activation Code available through the IS&T ChemDraw page.
Your installation is complete.
All MIT licenses for ChemOffice/ChemDraw Professional expire annually in September.
In order to maintain your working copy of ChemOffice/ChemDraw Professional, please follow the steps below.
You need to reactivate with the new Activation Code available through the IS&T ChemDraw page. Reactivating will extend your current software's license for the next license year.
- To reactivate, launch the ChemDraw/ChemOffice application. Find Activate ChemDraw/ChemOffice Professional and click on it.
- Enter the Activation Code available through the IS&T ChemDraw page.
- Then click Activate.
You may either upgrade to the new version, or may keep a previous version by reactivating with your existing serial number. Reactivating will extend your current software's license for the next license year.
- To reactivate, launch the ChemDraw application and click Activate on the Help menu then put in your serial number (it shows up automatically if you originally activated on the same machine).
- Click on Activate over the Internet to complete the activation. If that fails (because you don't have an Internet connection) then you can activate by phone, fax, or email to receive an activation code.
- The software will display a warning message one month before the previous expiration date, and you can close that window then click Activate on the Help menu.
- If you want to upgrade to the latest version, see the instructions above. The following instructions are only if you prefer to continue using an older version on the Mac.
- If you want to keep the older version, send an email from your institutional email address to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information included:
- The exact product name and version that you are using
- Your current serial number
- The institution name for your site license
- You'll receive an email back with a new registration code (you re-use the same serial number).
- Enter that registration code on the popup message that indicates your site license is expiring.
Contact Tech Support at Perkin Elmer:
If you have questions about obtaining this software, email email@example.com