|Note: this article refers to the SAPgui JV upload function. The preferred method is to use the JV upload feature in Atlas instead.|
- For a JV with a small number of line items, use Atlas. See: Create a Journal Voucher
- If you need to create a JV with numerous line items, you may wish to enter the line items into an Excel spreadsheet, then upload to SAP using the SAPgui desktop application.
- The quick card for JV Uploads is available for download here.
- Please note that there is a limit of 800 lines for the JV upload.
- Select a Valid Function, JV upload error
- JV Upload errors Plausibility Date Check Failed
- [Why didn't I get a document number when I did my JV upload?]
- [hd:Error Calling Data Provider, JV upload error]
- If you are receiving an error when attempting to execute a JV upload via SAPgui, take a screen capture of the error message. Be sure to also capture all input fields of the JV.
Instructions for taking a screen capture, please see How can I create a screen capture?.
- Errors can sometimes be caused by invalid date format. See the documentation links above.
- Contact the IS&T Service Desk for assistance.
If the data is not confidential, also attach the .txt file you are trying to upload.
[hd:For Service Desk staff - How can I upload multiple JV's, using SAPgui?]