- The standard X-Win32 installation instructions direct users to install it using a standalone activation key. You only need to follow the instructions in this article if you wish to run it off the license server instead.
- This article will instruct users on setting up license server licensing on a fresh X-Win32 install, or on an X-Win32 installation where licensing had previously been configured.
- You will need to use the MIT VPN if you use this licensing method to run X-Win32 while off-campus.
- After installing launch X-Win32. Windows should open as seen in the image:
In the License Wizard window select License your copy by contacting a license server, click Next.
- Proceed to step 4 below.
- With X-Win32 running, locate the X-Win32 icon in the Windows System Tray:
- Right-click on the X-Win32 logo and Select the Help -> Activate License menu item. The License Wizard window should open.
- Select License your copy by contacting a license server, click Next:
- Enter information for Hostname and Port as shown here and click Finish:
Your license information is stored in file %LOCALAPPDATA%\StarNet Communications\X-Win32\license.lic