Q: How do I uninstall Spirion (formerly Identity Finder) for Mac?
- For users looking to remove Spirion (formerly Identity Finder) completely.
- For users looking to remove Spirion as part of trouble shooting the application.
- Download the Spirion removal script.
- Move or copy the file "UninstallIDF.sh" to the Desktop.
- Open Terminal.app (found in /Applications/Utilities).
- From the command line, issue the command: sudo bash ~/Desktop/UninstallIDF.sh
- When prompted, authenticate with your administrator password and hit the "Return" key.
- Note: You will not see any screen output as you type your password.
- Follow the instructions to completely remove Spirion (and user preferences, if desired) from your system.
- Although not required, a system reboot is recommended.