When creating a Request for Payment, choose:
- Reimbursement when reimbursing students or employees for out of pocket expenses, such as office supplies, monthly telephone expenses, business meetings, memberships, dues, subscriptions, etc.
- Payment (taxable) when paying external vendors for taxable services, such as honoraria, speaker's fees, or when paying non-employees for awards, etc.
- In some cases, the Reimbursement link will be used for Payments
- Agencies or people to whom you or others have previously made reimbursements or payments will exist as "vendors" in SAP.
- Additional payments or reimbursements can be made to them using the Reimbursement link, and searching for Non-MIT.
- These agencies or people will not be found in a search if the Payment link is used.
- In this case, the Accounts Payable recommends using the Reimbursement link, for both Payments and Reimbursements. Taxable status will be handled appropriately.
For more information visit the Accounts Payable website.