A vendor is giving me a rebate or discount, or giving me a product for free. How can I accomplish this?
Note: The instructions below cover several examples. If you have any additional questions, contact the Procurement Department, at email@example.com. This includes the case where a line item has no price in a quote from a vendor, and you are not able to edit its price.
- Enter the amount for the line item as .01. (1 cent)
- Use the item short text and/or long text to explain the situation to Procurement.
- Enter the amount for the line item without the discount applied
- In the additional text of the item, specify to Procurement the adjustments to be made. For example:
- Please apply 10% to line item 1.
- Please apply 10% discount to entire order.
- Please apply 10% discount to line items 2, 5, 8 only.
- Please apply a $25.00 rebate to line item 3.
- Please apply a $25.00 rebate to the order.