On this page:
This guide is intended for MIT staff responsible for using the PCard Receipt Capture application to verify cardholder receipts that have passed the review stage.
The system allows holders of MIT procurement cards – pcards - to submit digital copies of their procard receipts. This saves time and paperwork. Once a cardholder enters a receipt in the system, a workflow ensures the receipt is reviewed and verified in a timely manner.
When you create a receipt in the system, you are:
- Attaching a Receipt image to the record
- Providing Expense information such as Expense Type, Cost Object, and business justifications.
- Linking the record to the SAP Transaction from the bank.
Here, we will call it a PCard Receipt, or a Receipt for short, but it’s important for you to understand that a receipt has three major components.
Your responsibility within the system is to:
- Review receipts that have successfully pass the review stage.
- Return receipts to reviewers if the receipts requires revision.
- Verify (approve) receipts
- Verify and assign the receipt to another verifier for their approval
If you are also a cardholder, you can also use the system to submit your own receipts.
Return to PCard Receipt Capture for Verifiers topics page.