Q: How does iCloud keychain impact internet accounts in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and newer?
- Mac OS X now allows for system wide internet accounts (such as, email, syncing services, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to be added in the accounts tab of System Preferences.
- Most users might also have a personal iCloud account as well. One of the functionalities of iCloud is iCloud keychain.
- iCloud keychain allows syncing of passwords, credit card numbers, settings and other personal info across multiple devices.
- You should be aware that if a need arises to remove an account from one computer (of a multiple computer set on the same iCloud account), this is no longer possible.
- You can Turn Off Account which makes the account appear as inactive in the accounts list.
- If you select Remove From All, this will remove the account from the computer you are using, and all others that have iCloud keychain enabled.
- Once an account has been set "Inactive", it will still appear in the side bar, and can be reenabled by simply checking one of the feature boxes. No password is required to reenable an account.