- When trying to connect to MIT's VPN from my windows computer, the computer cannot connect.
- When connection fails, there is an error box:
The VPN client was unable to setup IP filtering. A VPN connection will not be established.
- Using Cisco AnyConnect VPN software
- Running Windows
In the Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc), the "Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client", there are log entries like:
- One situation that may cause this is if a Windows component named "Base Filter Engine" (BFE) is not working properly.
- The following Cisco support forum thread has pointers for how to fix the BFE service and registry https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2120739