IS&T has been dealing with a rampant toll fraud issue with WebEx over the last several months. This is due to the WebEx callback (audio) functionality along with the ability to allow attendees to join a meeting before the host. The situation required us to disable the ability for attendees to join a meeting before the host. Now the audio bridge for all meetings will start once the meeting host, alternate host, or an attendee with the host key joins the meeting.
This feature can be turned on manually by the client when scheduling new meetings. Here is the process you can walk clients through or communicate to them:
Within Meeting Center
- Select Schedule a meeting
- Click on Advanced Scheduler
- Select Date & Time
- Select the button Attendees can also connect to audio conference.
- Continue with other scheduling details
- Click on Schedule meeting.