Upgrade to Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
|Note: As with all operating system upgrades, please ensure you have a full backup of your system completed before beginning.|
- Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.6 (Snow Leopard) or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
- 7GB of available disk space
- 2GB of RAM
- Administrator account access
|Installation can take 40 minutes or more to complete.|
- Once you've downloaded Mac OS X 10.7 for installation, double-click the downloaded file titled Install Mac OS X Lion.
Result: The file will verify, then open.
- Double-click the application labeled Install Mac OS X Lion.app.
- From the window labeled Install Mac OS X select the button labeled Continue.
- When presented with the license agreement, click Agree.
- Click Agree again from the slide-down screen.
- Select a drive to install Mac OS X Lion on and click Install.
- Enter the username and password for your user account when prompted and select OK.
- The application will now download installation files and restart your machine.
- Upon restart, Mac OS X Lion will begin installing. You cannot use your computer during this time (approximately 40 minutes).
- When the installation has completed, your computer will restart and you will be presented with the setup assistant for Lion.
Result: Mac OS X Lion (10.7) has been successfully installed.
- Users should run Software Update immediately after installing Lion to be updated to 10.7.2.
For additional Lion documentation, visit the Lion landing page in the Knowledge Base.