In addition to Free IS&T licensed software, MIT offers many free IT and cloud computing services for Students.
Below are ten of our most popular IT and cloud computing services. You can always find more, including Academic software/courseware, at the Software Grid.
- Dropbox - Get unlimited cloud-based file storage, syncing and sharing.
- - MIT's administrative services portal. Submit timesheets, set up direct deposit for paychecks and reimbursements, update your preferred name, and more.
- - We are a member of eduroam, a secure, world-wide wireless roaming network service for the educational community with thousands of members in over 70 countries. Look for “eduroam” networks via Wi-Fi at eduroam member institutions for wireless internet access with the same level of security as the MIT Secure network. Use your MIT address email@example.com and password to authenticate.
- - A password management system that removes the inconvenience of remembering all of your passwords and increases security.
- Pharos Printing - MIT's print-and-release system. Print to a queue and release it by swiping your MIT ID when you get to the printer. Your printing quota is 3000 pages per year!
- Athena - Athena is MIT's academic computing environment, which powers [computing clusters (labs)|, private workstations, remote access servers, and personal machines throughout campus. Athena provides a vast collection of third-party software, including popular packages such as MATLAB, Maple, and Mathematica, and provides easy access to the AFS filesystem for personal and group file storage.
- - Host a conference, share your screens, and get work done from wherever you are with audio and desktop sharing.
- Cisco Jabber - Collaborate with Cisco’s Unified Communications platform. Use integrated instant messaging, phone, video, and WebEx via the Jabber client. You can locate, communicate, and collaborate with other commumity members on multiple platforms using your MIT Kerberos identity.
- - Launch your own website with IS&T's Drupal Cloud service.
- Service Desk - Get help with troubleshooting, authentication (touchstone, Duo) and MIT IT services. Hardware repair service is also offered. Software work and initial consultations are free; out-of-warranty hardware repairs are charged parts and shipping (no labor fees). Contact us via:
- Bonus for Developers: Github Enterprise - A web-based repository hosting service that allows you to upload and share code.