On this page:
TSM scheduled backups can be requested to run every weekday or every week, starting on the hour, 7am-6pm or at midnight.
- Make sure TSM is installed and configured.
- Make sure you have completed the first-time login before proceeding.
- Be sure that your system does not go to sleep:
- Go to System Preferences > Energy Saver. Be sure that system sleep is set to Never.
- Launch TSM Tools for Administrators.
Result: The TSM Tools for Administrators screen appears.
- If you are not upgrading from a previous version, go directly to the next step. If you are upgrading to a new version, do the following:
- Select Stop the Client Daemon from the list and click OK.
- Then launch TSM Tools for Administrators again.
- Select Start the Client Acceptor Daemon from the list and click OK.
Result: A message tells you that the process to start the Client Acceptor Daemon takes a few minutes.
- Click OK.
Result: The Authenticate window for the installer appears.
- Enter your OS X password and click OK.
Result: A window with a confirming message tells you that the Client Acceptor Daemon started successfully.
- Click OK.
Deselect one or more of your local drives for backup:
- Go to Applications > Tivoli Storage Manager and open TSM Tools for Administrators. Select Tivoli Storage Manager from the list and click OK.
- On the Edit menu, select Client Preferences.
- In the left Preferences section, select Backup.
Result: The Backup options appear, and the Domain List window shows all local drives.
- Use click and shift-click to highlight only those drives to back up. After you have made your choices, click OK.
- Check the Schedule Log, located in the Library/Logs/tivoli/tsm folder, named dsmsched.log
- Use a text editor to open the schedule log.
- Go to the end of the log and look for confirmation that the backup completed. Look for completion summary beginning with the text: SCHEDULEREC STATUS BEGIN.
- You may find it helpful to create an alias on the desktop or in the dock of the schedule log, as a reminder to periodically check it.
- Your first scheduled backup may produce a large Schedule log. This is normal.
- After you verify completion of the latest backup, you can delete the log. TSM will create a new log during the next scheduled backup.
- If you want to save the Schedule Log and it becomes too large, rename it.
- You can also change the number of retention days for the Schedule Log: On the Tivoli Storage Manager main menu bar, go to Edit > Preferences > Scheduler. The default retention period is 35 days.