Note: During installation, you may need to enter your TSM node name and server name. You can find this information in the email confirmation from the Help Desk of your TSM registration.
On this page:
- Go to the TSM 6 for Mac download page on the IS&T Software Grid. (Certificates required.)
Result: The file containing the TSM 6 installer downloads as "188.8.131.52-TIV-TSMBAC-Mac.dmg".
- Open the disk image file and double-click on the Tivoli Storage Manager.mpkg package to start the installation.
Note: If you are running OS X 10.8 (or Mountain Lion) and you are blocked from running the TSM installer, you should use these directions to bypass the Gatekeeper security settings and allow the installer to run.
Result: The Welcome to the Tivoli Storage Manager Installer screen appears.
- Click Continue.
Result: The Readme file appears. This file will be installed in your Applications > Tivoli Storage Manager folder.
- Read, print, or save the Readme file, then click Continue.
Result: The Standard Install on Macintosh HD screen appears.
- Click Install.
Result: You are prompted to enter your Macintosh user name and password.
- Enter your Mac Administrator username and password and click OK or Install Software.
Result: TSM will now install.
Result: A confirmation screen tells you that the software was successfully installed.
- Click Close to exit the TSM installer.
In your Applications folder, go to Tivoli Storage Manager, and open TSM Tools for Administrators.
Result: The TSM Tools for Administrators window opens.
To stop the Scheduler
- Select Stop the Client Acceptor Daemon option from the list and click OK.
- You will be prompted for an Administrator password, enter it and press OK.
- You will see a confirmation, press OK.
To Start the Scheduler
- Open “TSM Tools for Administrators" again.
- Select Start the Client Acceptor Daemon option from the list and click OK.
- You will recieve a warning. Click OK.
- You will be prompted for an Administrator password. Enter it and press OK.
- Please wait.
- You will see a confirmation. Press OK.
Note: The PID is a random number and will be different each time. This is normal.
For additional information about TSM, consult the MIT TSM readme file in the Tivoli Storage Manager folder.
If you have questions, contact the IS&T Help Desk.
Learn how to login for the first time and how to set up scheduled backups: