Note: During installation, you may need to enter your TSM node name and server name. You can find this information in the email confirmation from the Help Desk of your TSM registration.
|Out of Date|
These instructions are not for the most recent version of TSM. These instructions are for TSM version 6.2, and the installation process is different for newer versions.
- Go to the TSM 6 for Mac download page on the IS&T Software Grid. (Certificates required.)
Result: The file containing the TSM 6 installer downloads as mit-tsm-6.2.2.dmg.
- Open the disk image file and double-click on the Tivoli Storage Manager.mpkg package to start the installation.
Note, if you are running OS X 10.8 (or Mountain Lion) and you are blocked from running the TSM installer, you should use these directions to bypass the Gatekeeper security settings and allow the installer to run.
- Click Continue if asked if you are sure you want to continue.
Result: The Welcome to the Tivoli Storage Manager Installer screen appears.
- Click Continue.
Result: The Readme file appears. This file will be installed in your Applications > Tivoli Storage Manager folder.
- Read, print, or save the Readme file, then click Continue.
Result: The "Standard Install on "Macintosh HD" screen appears.
- Click Install.
Result: You are prompted to enter your Macintosh user name and password.
- Enter your Mac Administrator username and password and click OK or Install Software.
Result: The Configure TSM Settings screen appears.
- Confirm your TSM Nodename and TSM server are correct and then click Continue.
Result: A confirmation screen tells you that the software was successfully installed.
- Click Close to exit the TSM installer.
For additional information about TSM, consult the MIT TSM readme file in the Tivoli Storage Manager folder.
If you have questions, contact the IS&T Help Desk
Learn how to login for the first time and how to set up scheduled backups: