All iPads received from MIT's Student iPad Loaner Program are remotely managed by IS&T. This allows IS&T to provide software to users, enforce security settings, troubleshoot technical problems, and protect data against theft.
On your home screen, you'll find the "Self Service" app. This app allows you to easily install apps, including:
- Any licensed apps provided by your DLC
IS&T enforces the following security settings:
- Lock screen passcode required
- Minimum passcode length: 6 digits
IS&T's remote management collects minimal inventory information about iPads, such as backup status, IP address, and installed apps.
IS&T does NOT have access to personal data such as photos, browsing history, contacts, messages, backups, or any personal app settings.
- Computing Equipment Loan Program FAQ
- Computing Equipment Loan Programs Landing Page
- Student iPad Loaner Enrollment Process
- Student iPad Loaner Program Landing Page
- Call or email the MIT Service Desk at email@example.com or 617-253-1101.