Steps for granting access to create QB applications
- If a user has already contacted Help Desk or DITR with their request for access, create a ticket and move it to Help Desk::Business Help.
- IS&T staff with Full Management for MIT's QuickBase domain can use the following steps to create a new QuickBase user and add permissions to create applications.
- Verify that requester is an actively enrolled student or current employee, or a Whitehead employee (@wi.mit.edu).
- Verify that the requestor is not from Lincoln Laboratory.
- MIT Affiliates (other than Whitehead) should ask a staff member from their department, lab or center to send an email to email@example.com, requesting an account for the affiliate.
- Lincoln Laboratory employees should contact the Lincoln Lab Information Services Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about access to software.
- Start at http://mit.quickbase.com
- On the right, click Manage MIT (or Manage My Billing Account)
- Go to the Permissions tab.
- At the bottom of the list of users, click Add User
- From the dropdown, select Create a New User
- Enter the email address. If needed, add first and last name. Then click Add
- Locate the user in the list and grant "Create".
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the list.