- Navigate to the System Preferences menu.
- From the System Preferences window, select Mail, Contacts & Calendars.
- In the following window, select Add Account from the left hand column and choose Other from the right hand column.
- From the slide-down window, select Add an LDAP account and click Create...
- At the Add an LDAP account screen, use the following settings:
- Description: MIT LDAP
- Search base: dc=mit,dc=edu
- Scope: Subtree
- Server Address: ldap.mit.edu
- Port: 389
- Use SSL: unchecked
- Authentication: None
- Click Create.
Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) is now configured to search MIT's LDAP directory.
To enable address autocompletion in Mail, navigate to: Mail > Preferences > Composing and ensure that the checkbox labeled "Automatically complete addresses" is toggled ON.