- Log into Outlook Web Access (OWA) with email name (username NOT email@example.com) and password. This can be done using any web browser, via this web page: http://owa.mit.edu
- Select the calendar icon from the lower left corner of the OWA window
- Locate the Share menu near the top of the window (approximately above Tuesday in the monthly calendar view)
- From the Share menu select Manage Delegates ...
- Press the Add button and enter the username (eg: username NOT firstname.lastname@example.org), then press the Open... button. The name corresponding to the entered email address is now listed with Reviewer permission (read access) Change the permission setting as appropriate from the pull-down menu.
- Press the OK button to confirm the choices.
Permissions established by Outlook Web Access should propagate to the delegate.
If the delegate is using an iCal client, verify permissions set in OWA. To verify settings from within iCal:
- From the iCal menu select Preferences ... then select the Accounts icon. Highlight the Delegation pane.
- Locate the name of the calendar owner under the listing "Accounts I can access". The Calendars column should show the permissions settings. To display the calendar, place a checkmark in front of the owner's name.
|Outlook/OWA term||iCal term|
|Author||Read and Create||Authors can add new entries. They cannot edit existing entries made by the owner|
|Editor||Read and Write||Editors can add new entries. They can also edit existing entries made by the owner|