Please note that this page and related pages are being developed as part of the CIM Courses Project and are subject to change.
This article describes the functionality of the SCASUBJI form. This form allows power Registrar users to directly edit Subject data in the Container/Template Subject Structure.
Note: Many of the restrictions/validations are performed using the MIT Subject Management API. This article lists the restriction/validations that are performed on the front-end by SCASUBJI only.
- Perform a check on save for Arranged Units without a SUPR attribute. Prompt user if they would like to save.
- Perform a check on save if an Attribute in (HA, HH, HS) exists without the HE attribute. Prompt the user if they would like to save.
- Perform a check on save if Subject Code in (AS, MS, NS) exists without the ROTC attribute. Prompt the user if they would like to save.
- Perform a check on save for a Subject Number = "URN" and for attribute "UROP". If these conditions are true, check for a "URN" attribute. If "URN" is not present, "URN" will automatically be included in the JSON to the API upon save.
- If the THES attribute exists, check for the SUPR attribute. If it does not exist, add it before sending to the API.
- If the UROP attribute exists, check for the SUPR attribute. If it does not exist, add it before sending to the API.
- If no value is provided for Roll_Faculty and no value already exists, set to "P" for "Previous Term"
The Subject Management Documentation Index is the central listing for documentation pertaining to Subject Management.