- For Windows users, the Microsoft Word editor is now available as the SAPScript Long Text editor in SAPgui.
- Users can choose whether to use the MS Word editor or to switch to the text-based SAPScript editor.
- Using the MS Word Long Text editor within SAPgui will be similar to editing a Word document.
- You will see an initial prompt to allow SAPgui to create and use a template file:
- Click Allow.
Result: MS Word editor screen will be displayed.
- From the Go To menu, select Change Editor
- The Text-based SAPScript editor continues to be available for Long Text edits in SAPgui transactions
- The editor will revert to the Microsoft Word based editor on your next login to SAPgui.
For users who copy and paste from a formatted document, such as an Excel spreadsheet or a table in Microsoft Word, the text may display normally within the MS Word editor in SAPgui, but when the document is displayed in Atlas or by an SAPgui user with the Text-based editor, special characters may be displayed.
If you experience this issue, options include:
- Switch to the Text-based editor, either temporarily or permanently. See above for instructions.
- Copy to a text editor before pasting into SAPgui.
- After copying the text from your formatted document, paste it into a text editor such as Notepad.
- Then copy from Notepad and paste into the Long text field in SAPgui.