Audience: Those in each PDR-participating organization who have been assigned the PDR Lead or PDR Admin role
On this page:
- Where can I find documents from the PDR Team?
- How do I help employees get support for technical PDR questions?
- What can HRIS help me with, and how do I request their help?
- How do I update the list of PDR contacts for my organization?
- How do I use PDR Admin Tools?
- How do I find out about a Form's Status?
- How do I find a list of employees and their profile information?
- How can I see the content of an employee's form? (PDR Leads only)
- Why isn't the full list of employees displaying below my Dashboard 2.0 report?
- What happens in PDR when an employee terminates?
- Related articles
- Send questions to the IS&T Help Desk by email.
- For best results, provide:
- user’s name and contact info;
- browser and operating-system info;
- as many details as possible.
- Users who prefer phone: 617-253-1101
- Ask to speak with a Business Help team member
- HRIS can help with
- PDR Admin functions or Reports
- Mismatches between Employee’s profile and SAP / Data Warehouse / People Directory
- Wrong form(s) for an employee
- PDR vs P-D-R
- Admin or Clinical Staff with only one year’s form
- Errors in (or updates to) reporting relationships
- Bugs in the system
- Help when you’re stumped
- To request help from HRIS:
- Contact the PDR Tech group by email.
- Our role is 2nd Tier support. To avoid bouncing people back and forth, please keep this email list for your use (rather than giving it out to employees and managers). Thank you!
- You may also call Mike MacDonald (253-9371) Riley Hart (452-4514) or Clayton Ward (253-0677).
- Contact the PDR Tech group by email.
- Check the Local PDR Contacts list.
- If changes are needed in the PDR Lead, have the organization's leader email the PDR Tech group.
- If changes are needed in the PDR Admin(s) or IT Support people on the list, email the PDR Tech group directly.
Both PDR Lead and PDR Admin have access to these functions:
- Route Form
- move a form forward or backward one step in the process, or skip steps
- Delete Form
- remove a form for an employee who has left MIT or a form that was created in error
- Restore Deleted Form
- undo the deletion of a form
- Change Form Dates
- extend the year-end-review deadline for a form or, more rarely, change the goal-setting start date
For additional information, see also
Looking up the status of employees' forms can be helpful in determining whether and when to send reminders to employees, managers, or even the whole organization.
See the Forms List Report and the Dashboard 2.0 Form Status Workflow report in this documentation.
You can also see which forms are overdue by running the Dashboard 2.0 Forms Overdue report (in the same documentation).
- Note that MIT's PDR is currently configured with only a final due date, for the end of the annual review. Due dates are not set for the goal-setting and mid-year-update phases. So no forms will appear in this report until after the year-end deadline has passed (May 31 for Admin and Clinical Staff, and February 28 for Support Staff).
Producing a full list of your organization's employees and their profile information can help you verify whether, for instance, everyone has the correct manager.
See the Employee Profiles – for PDR Leads report in this documentation.
The following functionality is available only to PDR Leads, as the PDR Admin role does not include access to see employees' forms.
PDR Leads can see:
- an employee's form
- Run the Forms List report or the Dashboard 2.0 Form Status Workflow report to find the form, then click on the form title or document ID to open the form.
- From within the form, you may print the form or save it as a pdf using icons in the upper right of the form.
- the average rating for each core competency
- This could be useful in identifying opportunities for group training.
- See the Dashboard 2.0 Average Competency Rating report in this documentation.
- a list of employees' goals
- a list of Manager's Summary Statements about employees
Assuming you've already clicked on a bar or segment of the ring chart, this may be a browser-related problem. In some installations of Safari, the scroll bars are not displayed and are not easy to find. To solve the problem, configure the Mac to always display scroll bars:
Follow the menu path: Apple icon (top left) => System Preferences => General tab => Show scroll bars: Select Always
...or transfers out of the PDR-participating population?
The person’s record will be marked “inactive” in PDR with the next update of data from SAP. The person’s completed PDR forms from prior years will be left as is. The person’s in-process form(s) will be “deleted” in SuccessFactors terminology – which really just means archived, since a deleted form can be retrieved at any time if needed.
If the terminating person is a manager, their direct reports’ in-process forms will be transferred to the new manager. This goes most smoothly if the new manager is specified in PDR before the previous manager is made inactive