The following error messages may indicate that there is no current MIT personal certificate, and/or the presence of an expired MIT personal certificate:
- SSL Connection failed
- Page cannot be displayed
- The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is usually caused when the server needs SSLv3 support, which has been removed.
This message most often indicates a problem with your MIT Personal Certificate.
- Test your certificate
- Select your browser for detailed instructions to resolve certificate errors.
- If your certificate test is successful, but you continue to receive the error, contact the IS&T Service Desk
- Internet Explorer 8 or 9 on Windows 7
- [Internet Explorer 7 or 8 on Windows Vista]
- [Internet Explorer 7 or 8 on Windows XP]
Communications templates: [hd:For Service Desk Consultants and Central Admin - Resolve Certificate Issues to Access Atlas]