As an MIT Affiliate, I try to create a Request for Reimbursement via Atlas
Vendor number is not valid.
If you are an MIT affiliate, for example a non-registered student or a temporary employee, and need to be reimbursed for an out of pocket expense, there are two options available, detailed below.
Note that MIT Affiliates will not be able to use the Direct Deposit and Reimbursement Preferences functionality of Atlas. A paper check will be issued for the reimbursement.
Option One: An administrator in the department, lab, or center can create an RFP for a non-MIT person.
- An administrator in the DLC will be able to use Atlas request a reimbursement for the MIT Affiliate, choosing the non-MIT person option.
- The administrator may also have authorization to approve the RFP, and/or will know how best to route the RFP for approval.
Anyone with an MIT personal certificate will be able to Atlas to request a reimbursement.
- From Atlas, select Reimbursement (under Manage Reimbursements (RFPs)).
- Select Non-MIT.
- Enter your name and select Search.
Result: Red text is displayed, "No results found: Continue"
- Select No results found: Continue
Result: Request for Reimbursement (RFP) page is displayed.
- Complete all required fields.
- Press Save and Continue.
- Attach scanned copies of receipts, if needed.
- Send the RFP to an administrator in your department, lab, or center for approval.