This user guide demonstrates how Project Managers maintain data related to project phases.
- Open the PPMO Tool.
- In the Main Menu click Projects. A pull down menu appears with PMO, My Projects, ROM, CAB, and Escalations.
- Click on My Projects; a list of projects assigned to you will display.
- Select a project and either double-click to open or click on the “Edit” button at the top of the page.
- The Summary tab is selected by default.
- Click on the Phases tab.
- Current Phase: Choose Discovery, Execution, or Delivery from the drop-down.
- Discovery: The Discovery Phase includes project initiation and plan. It begins with ROM approval and is complete when a Plan and Budget are approved.
- Execution: The Execution Phase includes gathering requirements, design, build, and test. It begins immediately after the Plan and Budget are approved and is complete when testing is complete or when approved by the CAB.
- Delivery: The Delivery Phase includes go-live, training, warranty period and any extended roll-outs. It begins at go-live and is complete when the operational plan is implemented and the project is closed.
- Completed: Select this option is the project is complete. See Close a Project for information on completing a project.
- Update Dates: If your project is Discovery, it only necessary to enter Baseline and Current dates for the Discovery field. When your project moves into Execution, you will be required to enter Baseline and Current dates for the remaining fields.
- Click Update Dates to enter Baseline Dates. The Update Phase Dates overlay displays.
- Enter your Baseline Dates for Discovery, or Execution and Delivery if your project has completed its discovery.
- Click Save. The dates display on the Phases tab.Warning: Baseline dates lock upon saving. Baseline dates can only be updated if the sponsor approves a new timeline. Contact the system administrator to rebaseline dates.
- Click Update Dates to enter Current Dates. The Update Phase Dates overlay displays.
- Enter your Current Dates for Discovery, or Execution if your project has completed its discovery.
- Click Save. As your project timeline evolves, you will be able to update the Current dates as needed.
11. Click Save to save your work.