|Issues with Outlook 2016 for Mac version 15.21.1|
A recent software update to Outlook for Mac version 15.21.1 has caused numerous issues with Outlook calendaring including the ability to access shared calendars and crashing. We recommend not updating to this version until a fix is released. If you have already taken the update, IS&T recommends that you roll back to 15.19.1.
- Login to an account with Admin privilidges
- Remove the current version of Outlook one of the following ways:
- rename Microsoft Outlook.app to something else
- move Microsoft Outlook.app to the trash
- Follow Microsoft's detailed instructions at Uninstall Office 2016 for Mac
- Download Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac version 15.19.1
- Open the downloaded file, Microsoft_Outlook_15.19.1_160212_Updater.pkg
- Click through the installer and enter your admin password when prompted.
Result: The install will complete and you will now be on Outlook 15.19.1. This will hopefully be a much more pleasant experience. Thank you for your patience as IS&T continues to work the issue with Microsoft.