Office 365 Mobile Login and Activation for Android
|If you have just had your mailbox migrated to Office 365 Email and Calendaring, see the Post-Migration and Modern Authentication Office 365 Email and Calendaring Setup page for how to get up and running.|
On this page:
Microsoft Office Mobile is currently available on most Android phones and tablets. Some phones with high resolutions may be unable to run the phone version and users will have to use the tablet version.
- Download the Mobile for Office 365 app from the Google Play store.
- Individual Office Apps for Android Tablets are available here:
Install and Setup
- Log in using your MIT Kerberos ID.
- Open the app and follow the on-screen setup instructions. The setup process will lead you to a "Sign In" box.
- Enter your MIT email address ("email@example.com") and click Next. If prompted, select Work Account.
- Result: You will be redirected to the Touchstone Login page.
Enter your Kerberos username and your password and click Login.
- Result: You will be shown a quick loading screen and prompted to connect to a storage location
Dropbox as a storage location
|All MIT students, staff and faculty can connect to the MIT Dropbox team. To find more about signing up for the MIT dropbox team account, please see [MIT Dropbox FAQ]|
# Make sure you have an active Dropbox account. IS&T recommends using a MIT Dropbox team account over a personal account.
- Click Connect to my Dropbox.
- Depending on whether you have the Dropbox app installed, you will either be prompted by the app to authorize Office Mobile or you will be redirected to the Dropbox webpage to login
- If you have both a personal and MIT team account, you will be prompted for which account to connect.