|This article refers to the Office 365 Email and Calendaring Pilot. If you're looking for Exchange Email and Calendaring on the Exchange 2010 Server, see: MIT Email Setup Landing.
If you're not sure which system you're using, see: How do I tell if my email and calendaring data is on Exchange 2010 Server or using Office 365?
If you do not already have a copy of Outlook, you can obtain it with the rest of Office from the IS&T Software grid.
- Open Outlook.
Result: If this is the first time you're opening Outlook, you're prompted to setup your inbox.
- Click Add Account. If you weren't prompted to set up your inbox, Go to Tools Tab > Accounts
Result: The accounts window opens.
- Select Exchange or Office 365
Result: You are prompted to input your account information.
- Enter as follows:
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Authentication Method: Username and Password
- User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: your MIT account password
- Click Add Account
Result: Auto-discover will contact the Office 365 server and "auto-discover" the rest of your account settings. You may be asked to approve being redirected to the outlook.com server.
- Click allow to approve that.
Result: Office 365 discovers your account settings and displays them.
- You can close the "Accounts" window.
Note: You may see an error message similar to the following saying Outlook was redirected to a different server to get new account settings. Click Allow
Your email may take some time to initially download if you have a lot stored on the server.