On this page:
The MIT Mobile ID is an Institute initiative to enable your iPhone, Apple Watch, or Android phone to take on the functionality of your physical MIT ID Card. Anywhere you can swipe a card, you will be able to use your iPhone, Apple Watch, or Android phone. Simply tap your phone or Apple Watch at the same reader where you use your physical MIT ID card.
With the MIT Mobile ID, you can use an iPhone, Apple Watch, or Android phone to:
- Access campus buildings and parking locations
- Use your meal plan and view your Dining Dollars balance
- Make payments anywhere TechCASH can be used and view your TechCASH balance
- Access Pharos printers
- Recent iPhone (SE, 6s, 6s Plus or later) with the latest version of iOS
- Apple Watch Series 3 or later, with the latest version of watchOS
- Apple ID signed into iCloud
- The latest MIT Atlas mobile app from the Apple app store
- NFC-capable Android device running Android 7 or higher
- Ensure that your device has NFC enabled for use
- The latest MIT Atlas mobile app from the Google Play store
- Apple: Download the MIT Atlas mobile app from the Apple app store.
- Android: Download the MIT Atlas mobile app from the Google Play store.
- Install the app.
- Log in using Touchstone.
- Select the Mobile ID feature and follow the guided steps.
Apple Watch Users: You need to "swipe up" on the watch in the Atlas App on your phone to get the ID to add to the wallet on your Apple Watch. Then complete the registration. The last four digits of your ID will be displayed for verification.
Once you have the ID enabled, allow 45 minutes before using it at a card reader on campus.
Simply tap your iPhone or Apple Watch at the same reader where you use your physical student ID card. You don’t have to wake the device or open an app.
- Do I still need my physical card if I have my MIT Mobile ID in my Apple Wallet?
Yes. We strongly recommend you have your physical card with you as some services, like MBTA pass/Charlie Card, are not enabled within the Mobile Credential. You may also need it if your device loses power.
Contact the IS&T Service Desk.
|Additional escalation information for Help Staff can be found here: