On this page:
Your profile keeps track of settings such as your phone numbers, email, and mailing address. The most useful feature of your profile is that you can use it to specify your alternate phone numbers (e.g., home and mobile phones). Once you have configured these alternate numbers, they will be available on a pull-down list in other functions.
- Access the MITvoip Console.
- In the left column, click the My Profile title bar.
Result: The My Profile pane opens.
When you add numbers to your profile, they will be available from pull-down lists in other MITvoip Console features.
- In the My Profile pane, open the Phone Numbers subpane.
- Enter the phone numbers you want to add to your profile in the appropriate fields. Do not use hyphens, spaces, or other punctuation. The fields available are:
- Home Phone #1
- Home Phone #2
- Custom Phone #1
- Custom Phone #2
- Mobile Phone
Note: You cannot change the entry for Work Number.
- Click Save Changes.
Result: You can select your profile numbers in fields where you would otherwise manually type your number.
On the pull-down lists, you can identify numbers by icons as shown below. Numbers that you entered in Home Phone #2 or Custom Phone #2 will show a 2 in the corner of the icon.
You have three options to configure for each number in your profile:
- The Ring Time setting allows you to specify how long the MITvoip system tries to reach you at that number before forwarding the call to voice mail (or the next number in a Forwarding Sequence).
- The Publish checkbox indicates whether that number appears in the MITvoip Console's corporate directory. It does not have any effect on your listing in the MIT People directory.
- The Primary # button allows you to specify which phone number appears as the main number for your listing in the MITvoip Console's corporate directory. It does not have any effect on your listing in the MIT People directory.
Use the email fields in My Profile to control which addresses are published in the MITvoip Console's corporate directory.
- Add or change your work email address on the Phone Numbers sub-pane, and click Save Changes. This email address will be available in the corporate directory.
- Add or change your home email address on the Personal Info sub-pane, and click Save Changes. By default, this address will not appear in the corporate directory.
- To publish your home email address in the corporate directory, check the Publish Home Email box at the bottom the Personal Info sub-pane, and click Save Changes.
Important: Do not use the Password sub-pane to change your PIN. Instead, go to Voice Mail Settings.
On the Personal Info sub-pane, you can enter your mailing address, time zone, and other information. To publish your mailing address or home email in the MITvoip Console's corporate directory in the MITvoip Console Phone Book, check the appropriate box. This does not affect how your information appears in the MIT People directory.
Be sure to click Save Changes after editing your personal information.