On this page:
You can receive your voice mail messages by email. With this feature, you will receive an email message with an attached audio file (in WAV format) that you can play with your computer's media player.
Access your account on the MITvoip Web Interface (voip.mit.edu).
- Click on (Adminster) next to the account that you want to modify
- Ensure that Unity Email Address is set to the desired email address
- Set Unity account type to forward voicemail to email address
- Click Update Settings
[Media player required.]
Once you have turned on voice mail by email, MITvoip will send voice mail messages to your email address. To play a voice mail message:
- Make sure your speakers are turned on and not muted and that the volume setting is fairly high.
- Open the email message.
- Open the attached WAV file.
- If prompted, select a media player and click OK.
Result: The WAV file will download to your computer. Your media player will open and automatically play the message.
Note: The WAV file is a copy of the message; it is not the original. Deleting the emailed copy does not delete the voice mail from your voice mailbox.