The Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) is the red light on your phone that blinks when you have a new voice mail message waiting. You can turn this feature on or off or set it to activate only when you receive an urgent message.
- Access your account on the MITvoip Web Interface.
- Click the SIP Device Management link.
- Select the MAC address of the device that you want modify.
- Select phone number you wish to enable Message Waiting Indicator light with
- Click Enable Message waiting indicator
- Click Update Settings
- Once changes are complete reboot device
For disabling the MWI, repeat the same process, but at step 7 select disable message waiting indicator