On this page:
Use the Refuse List to block particular callers from your ReachMe forwarding sequences. Blocked calls can either be sent directly to voice mail or refused completely.
Forwarding Calls by Group can also be used to redirect calls by setting an entire group to forward to voice mail. If you don't want a caller to reach your voice mail at all, however, use the Refuse List.
Note: Calls can only be blocked if caller ID can see the caller's number.
- Access the MITvoip Console.
- Open the Refuse List in the right column by clicking on its title bar.
- Add the contacts you want to block by locating their entries in the Phone Book and dragging them into the Refuse List pane.Note: You must add the phone number you want to block to your VoIP phone book as a contact before you can add it to the Refuse List. You can use a made-up or descriptive name, such as "Annoying number to block." Learn how to add a number to your VoIP phone book.
- On the Caller hears pull-down list, choose either to send these callers to VoiceMail or to a Busy Signal.
- Click the Save button.
- The Refuse List works only when a forwarding sequence is active. In the Reach Me pane, configure and select one of the following options:
- To remove a contact from your Refuse List, click the "X" icon to the right of their name.