On this page:
The distinctive ringing feature allows you set an identifying ring tone for a particular contact in your Contact Directory.
- Highlight the entry you want in your Contact Directory.
- Press the Edit soft key.
- Use the up/down arrows to scroll to the Ring Type field.
- Enter the number of the ring tone you want to use.
- Your phone comes with ring tones 1-12 preprogrammed. For distinctive ringing, avoid choosing #1 (silent ring) or your current default ring tone (usually #2, low trill).
- If you want to know what different rings sound like, see Choosing a Ring Tone below.
- Press the Save soft key.
- Press the Directories button to exit the directory. If you don't have a Directories button, press the Menu button.
When you receive a call from that contact's phone number, you will hear the distinctive ring.
Your MITvoip phone has a dozen ring tones installed. You can hear samples of them by following these steps:
- Press Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Basic.
- Select Ring Type.
- If you have multiple lines on your phone, select a line.
Result: A list of ring types will appear (silent ring, low trill, low double trill, etc.). The checkmark indicates what the current ring tone is for your phone (or the selected line).
- To hear a sample of a ring tone, use the up/down arrows to highlight it and press the Play soft key.
Note: This menu is used to set the default ring tone for your phone (or the selected line), not to choose a distinctive ring tone for a particular contact.
- When you find the tone you want, make a note of its number.
- Press Menu to exit the menus.