|This article describes the functionality of the MITvoip Management Tool. To access the tool click voip.mit.edu. This tool is for both the legacy Sylantro/Unity system and the newer BroadSoft system.|
Click to see an MITvoip Cloud Broadsoft FAQ at this URL kb.mit.edu/confluence/x/BgCVCQ.
On this page:
- To determine if your account is on Sylantro or BroadSoft go to voip.mit.edu.
- Locate the Account Card or Account Details screen for your account.
- Look for a URL which begins with either sylantro or broadsoft. See the example screenshots below.
If your accounts are in a list, click the ellipsis and select Account Details.
If your account is on the BroadSoft system:
- For information about the phone and voicemail system click MITvoip BroadSoft Cloud Landing Page.
- To access additional phone and voicemail settings at the BroadSoft Web Portal at https://broadsoft.mit.edu.
If you are on the legacy Sylantro Unity system
- For information about the phone and voicemail system click Telephony Landing Page, and then click Voicemail (Unity).
- To access additional phone and voicemail settings at the Sylantro Web Portal, click sylantro.mit.edu.
For all users:
- For information about the operation of you specific phone device click MITvoip Identifying Your Phone's Model.
- If you have specific questions, please contact the IS&T Service Desk at email@example.com, or call 617-253-1101.
- An account is represented by a telephone number.
- An individual may have multiple accounts.
- Each account has a unique PIN (sylantro system) / Passcode (broadsoft system)
- Accounts are listed in the My Accounts section of the Voip Management tool.
- Each account is assigned to a Primary Location which can be changed when the account owner is relocated.
- A device is a physical phone.
- A device can have more than one account (telephone number) associated with it.
- Each device has a unique ID number called a Mac address. This is typically located on the bottom of the phone.
- Devices are listed in the My Devices section of the Voip Management tool.
- An Account Owner can change account settings and modify voicemail settings. Account owners can also access the user web interface to make additional modifications.
- Typically, a person is the account and device owner for his/her account(s) and phone(s).
- An Account Administrator can make the same changes an owner can in the VoIP Manager application (e.g., add an owner or administrator, change a description) but they cannot access the web portal to make additional changes to voicemail controls and settings.
- Typically a Department, Lab, or Center will designate an individual as Account Administrator for the department who will manage their DLC's telephone accounts and devices.
- A Device Owner can access their device(s) on the My Devices tab to change settings.
- A Device Owner can add or delete owners from their device(s)- including him or herself.
- A Device Owner can add or remove accounts (telephone numbers) from their device(s). They must also be the account owner of any account they add or remove.
- A Device Owner can change the order in which numbers appear on a device.
|The Menu Bar
| Card View
| List View
|Click the ellipsis to the right of an account to:
| On the Account Details tab you can:
|1. Make sure Voicemail Enabled is set to YES.
2. Click to open the dropdown menu under Settings.
3. Select forward to email or store on server.
Note: Store on server means you access your messages through the phone's voicemail menus.
Forward to email allows you to enter an email address where you will receive emails
with your voicemail messages attached as sound files.
|Note: PIN is the term for the code you use to enter the voicemail menu on your phone in the Sylantro/Unity system.
*Passcode* is the term for the code you use to enter the voicemail menu on your phone in the BroadSoft system.
1. Click the ellipsis and select Set Voicemail PIN/Passcode.
2. Enter your new PIN/Passcode.
3. Click Save
|To view devices associated with a particular account, click My Devices () on an Account Card.
To view all devices click on My Devices in the top menu.
Use Search to narrow the list. Then click the ellipsis next to a device in the list view to view Device Details.
Note: There is also an option to Reboot Now which will reboot your phone.
|When viewing a list of devices associated with an account you can use the drop down menu to filter the list to view:
| On the Device Details page you can: