You get your Matlab software by downloading from MathWorks.
Specific installation instructions are available from Mathworks. An overview of the activation and installation process is available below.
Students installing on personally owned computers are eligible to use the Student Matlab package provided by IS&T Academic Computing. Students should not install the Student Matlab on MIT owned computers as that violates the license agreement. In the case where a student is using an MIT owned computer, e.g., in a lab, then they should get the department to purchase the appropriate licenses.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in ordering MATLAB.
- Create and/or log in to your MathWorks account.
- Click My Account.
- In the License Center (near the bottom of the page) click one of the following:
- For new MathWorks accounts: Associate with a License.
- For existing MathWorks accounts: Manage Licenses.
- Click Add License.
Result: The Add License popup appears.
- Select Activation Key and click Continue.
Result: After a few moments, you should see that you are associated with the MIT license.
- Choose your release. Select all products or only the modules you'd like to use for download.
Result: The MathWorks Download Agent will appear and you will need to allow it to install Matlab.
- Run the installer when the download completes. Select the default options - unless you would like to do otherwise. You will need to log in to your MathWorks account from the installer. You will also see the new license that you associated your account with earlier.
- Once installation is complete, you will be prompted to activate and the activation process will start. You might need to re-enter the activation key you were given. Once it completes, you will see the option to start Matlab.
MIT Matlab Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Faculty/ Staff: Stand-alone (Non-Concurrent) Order Form
Faculty/ Staff: Concurrent Order Form
Student: Matlab Download for Personal Machines
Mathworks: MATLAB page
IS&T Software Distribution