On this page:
MIT has partnered with Localist, a leader in interactive calendar software to create an upgraded events calendar. The calendar has many great features for both an event creator and those looking to attend events.
- An enhanced and mobile-responsive user interface.
- MIT community members can create a profile page, which allows you to set notifications and email reminders.
- Search for events with filters by interest, audience or school.
- Event creators will be able to include a photo and/or video for their events to attract attendees.
- The ability to see who is interested in your event or your group.
- Share events directly from the calendar through social media.
- Fully responsive design functions on a wide range of platforms including mobile devices.
For an overview of the new MIT Events Calendar, see our video:
Who can Login to the MIT Events Calendar?
Faculty, staff, students, affiliates and non-MIT users can access the Events Calendar. MIT users can login through Touchstone Authentication, using their social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter (once connected in their profile). Non-MIT users can also access the calendar through their social media accounts.
View the elearning site for the Event Calendar, or browse the topics below for written instructions.
- Find an Event
- I'm Interested, Ordering Tickets and Inviting Friends
- Localist's Social Sharing and AddThis
Your User Profile
Group and DLC Pages
Authorized officers from a group or department can post events. Contact the MIT Events Calendar team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
- Add an event
- Add a recurring event
- Edit, Copy or Delete an event
- Share an event
- Event Keywords and Tags
- Event Visibility (viewing permissions)
Event Interest, Ticketing and Metrics
Managing Groups and DLCs (Departments, Labs and Centers)
- Register a Student Group, Organization or DLC
- Group & Department Officer Role
- Editing Group or DLC Information
- Calendar Feeds and Embedding
- Importing Events
- How to export events from the legacy calendar and import them into the new calendar
- Accessing the old (legacy) events calendar on events.mit.edu
- Why can't I edit an event for my department or group?
- What does "I'm interested" mean? Is it an RSVP? Am I guaranteed admission?
- Who can create and post an event?
- What to do if my group or DLC is inactive or disbands?
- Is there a cost to posting an event in the MIT Events Calendar?
- Do events in the MIT Events Calendar appear in The Tech?
- Can I post an event that will not take place on campus?
- What type of events are advertised in the MIT Events Calendar?
- How can I submit suggestions for additions and changes to the MIT Events Calendar?
- How can I delete my profile picture from the MIT Events calendar?
- Contact the MIT Events Calendar Team at email@example.com
- Localist's Frequently Asked Questions and Support Documentation
|Additional escalation information for Help Staff can be found here:[hd:MIT Events Calendar Recon Page]|