I am entering a date in Atlas, such as on the create requisition screen or in trying to create a family member record for Benefits enrollment.
I get one of the following errors:
- invalid creation date
- invalid birth date
- invalid date format.
How can I resolve this?
Most likely possibility
This error message often indicates a validation error with the delivery date field. Follow these steps:
- For each line item, highlight the entire field, and hit delete, to make sure that the field has been cleared.
- Then re-type the delivery date in the format MM/DD/YYYY.
- Try again to resubmit the requisition.
Less likely possibilities
One: The short date format on your computer may have been changed to a non-default setting. Atlas is expecting MM/DD/YYYY as the date format.
To look at short date format on your machine:
- Follow the menu path: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options
- On the regional options tab, select the Customize button.
- Select the Date tab.
- For short date format, select either MM/DD/YYYY or M/D/YYYY.
- Open the System preferences panel (light switch icon in the dock).
- Select Date and Time
- On the Date and Time window, select the Date and Time tab.
- Select the Open International button.
- Select the Formats tab.
- In the Date section, select Customize.
- Make sure that the format is set to month/day/year.
Two: Much less commonly, this error message may indicate that the default date format may be incorrectly set in your SAP profile. Contact the IS&T Help Desk Business Help team, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If SAPgui is installed, you can use the steps below to check the default short date format for their profile.
If you do not have SAPgui installed (more likely), after exploring all other possibilities, Service Desk team members can ask the R3 Accounts team to check default short date format for the SAP profile.
If you have SAPgui installed, you can adjust the default date setting with the following steps:
- go to System > User Profile > Own Data
- go to the defaults tab
- set the Date format to MM/DD/YYYY
- click on the floppy disk icon in the toolbar to save your changes
(Don't skip the save step!)
If you do not have SAPgui installed on your machine, request that the IS&T Service Desk investigate whether there is an issue with your settings.