This page will guide you through resolving certificate issues in Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7 to access Atlas.
You'll need to:
- Make sure that you have a valid personal certificate
(install and run the CertAid tool for Internet Explorer)
- IMPORTANT: Delete any expired or duplicate certificates
- Empty your browser cache
Be sure to complete all of these steps!
NOTE: If you have previously this tool on this computer, you may be able to skip this step. If you're unsure, it's best to install the tool.
For instructions, see: Installing CertAid for Internet Explorer on Windows
For instructions, see: Using CertAid for Windows to Install Certificates
If you need your old certificates for SMIME signing or for another reason, you should skip this step.
(If you're not sure, see Should I Delete My Old or Expired Personal Certificate?)
Otherwise, allow the CertAid tool to delete your old certificates.
- Follow the menu path: Tools >> Delete Browsing History
- In the Temporary Internet Files section, select the Delete Files button.
- Close all Internet Explorer windows.
You should now be able to re-launch Internet Explorer, and to access Atlas.
|Still need help?|
Use the Certificates at MIT.