Note: Additional steps may be needed. For comprehensive instructions, see: Installing and Renewing Certificates in Internet Explorer on Windows
- In Internet Explorer, navigate to http://ca.mit.edu. The following page will be displayed.
- Enter your MIT identification information and click Next.
- On the Generate a Private Key page, leave the Key Size at the highest grade for your browser. The Certificate Lifetime gives the default number of days until this personal certificate expires. Click Next to accept the defaults.
- The Web Access Confirmation window will appear, asking if you want to request the certificate; click Yes.
- The Web Access Confirmation window will appear again, asking if you want to add the certificate; click Yes.
- A confirmation page indicates that the certificate is installed.