Click on the thumbnails to view the full size images.
- If you are viewing this page with Safari, click on the following link to download the certificate: MIT CA
Alternatively, paste the following URL into Safari: http://ca.mit.edu/mitca.crt.
Result: This downloads the file "mitca.crt" to Safari's default Downloads folder in the your home directory (unless you specified another default location).
- Navigate in the Finder to userhome > Downloads.
- Double-click mitca.crt to open.
- Keychain Access opens and prompts for where to store the certificate. Select the System keychain and press OK
- Enter your Mac OS X login password and click OK. You must have administrator privileges on the computer.
If you are not an administrator on the computer, you will receive the following message. You will need a user who is an administrator on the computer to install the CA.
- You will be prompted to set the trust settings for the certificate. Click Always Trust.
- Enter the Mac OS X login password.
Result: The MIT CA is added to the Keychain.
- Navigate, in Safari, to https://ca.mit.edu/ca.
- Enter your credentials and click Next.
- On the page Generate a Private Key, leave the Key Size at the highest grade for your browser.
The Certificate Lifetime gives the default number of days until this personal certificate expires.
Click Next to accept the defaults.
Result: A confirmation page indicates that the certificate has been installed.
The page Delete MIT Personal Certificates in Safari on Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 does not exist.
The page Use CertAid 2.0 to Configure Existing Certificates on Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6 & 10.7 does not exist.
- Follow the menu path Safari > Empty Cache.
- In the confirmation window, click Empty.
- Follow the menu path Safari > Quit Safari.
|Not what you're looking for?|
Return to or go to [istcontrib:Troubleshooting Certificates in Safari for Mac OS X]