Below are the steps for configuring the energy savings mode on your computer with Windows Vista.
- Go to Control Panel > System and Maintenance. Locate and click on the Power Options icon.
Result: The Select a power plan screen appears.
- Click the Power Saver button.
Result: The Change settings for the plan: Power saver screen appears.
- IS&T recommends configuring the sleep and display settings as follows:
- Turn off the display: On battery 3 minutes, Plugged in 10 minutes.
- Put the computer to sleep: On battery 15 minutes, Plugged in 1 hour.
- If you do not want advanced power settings, click Save changes.
- If you want advanced power settings, click Change advanced power settings.
Result: The Advanced settings screen appears.
- IS&T recommends that you Turn off hard disk after:
- On battery: 5 minutes
- Plugged in: 20 minutes
- Click OK.