On this page:
- Pentium III or higher
- 512 MB of RAM or higher
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
|Note: This version of Spirion (formerly Identity Finder) is configured for MIT business computers and links them to the Spirion Console.|
|If you have an older version of Spirion (formerly Identity Finder) acquired from MIT installed on your computer, you do not need to remove it before you upgrade. The newer version will install over the older version.|
- Download Spirion .
- Double-click the downloaded file.
Result: The Spirion installer package appears.
- Double-click the installer package.
Result: The Open File - Security Warning appears.
- Click Run.
Result: Configuration for Spirion begins.
- Let the configuration run until finished.
Result: User Account Control asks to allow the program to install.
- Click Yes.
Result: Spirion installs behind the scenes. You will not see a wizard or status of the installation.
- Find the Spirion application on your desktop:
- Double-click on it to open the program.
Result: If you had an earlier version of Spirion on your computer, the profile sign in window appears
- Enter your Spirion profile password. Skip to step 13 below.
- If you are installing Spirion for the first time you may see this screen appear:
- To skip past this, do not check the box and click OK.
Result: The New Spirion Profile screen appears.
- Enter a password and confirm. Then click Next.
Result: Password has been successfully set.
Do not forget this password! If forgotten, you will not be able to log into Spirion. For help with forgotten Spirion (formerly Identity Finder) passwords, contact email@example.com.
- Click OK to close the window. Click Next.
Result: The Spirion Search Wizard screen appears
- Select Open Advanced Interface.
Result: The Advanced Interface dialog box appears.
- Select the check box for "Always perform my selection." Then click Yes.
Result: The application opens.
For instructions on using Spirion, see Using Spirion (formerly Identity Finder) on Windows.